Friday, October 29, 2010

this american life


I have been a relatively new listener of NPR.  My brother was an avid listener.  Something about that made me suspicious of it.  But it's been a few years now and I am in love with 89.3 KPCC.  That's the local public radio station that carries NPR among its own local coverage.  I've been a supporter for a year now and I really need to renew my membership just renewed my membership!

One program everyone loves is "This American Life."  I've driven around the block and parked in my driveway listening intently to the stories; not wanting to miss a second.  Almost as much as I love the radio program do I love Ira Glass, the host.  His geeky chic look, his vernacular voice (if vernacular could become an adjective), and of course his dark rimmed glasses.  Anyway, I designed a shirt for the show.  Just something that I imagined could be sold in their merch store online.  Something simple that doesn't exactly scream "PUBLIC RADIO!" but is sort of an inside joke to the fans and who know of Ira.  I had it made and mailed it to the show with a letter for admiration and loyalty.

Who knows if anyone will even read it.  But hopefully someone from the show is wearing my shirt.

2 comments:

  1. You have to have a membership to listen??

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, npr/public radio is free. it's what PBS is to TV. but they are kept on air by member support. basically money donated. that's why PBS and NPR have membership drives where they're asking for money. if you're looking for this american life you can subscribe to their podcast or you can listen on 89.3 on saturdays at 1pm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover