Saturday, April 16, 2011

a sneak peek & DIY ribbon wands



The chapel coordinator where I'm getting married discouraged me from using real and even fake flower petals for my two flower girls.  She explained this is because she is often the one stuck picking up the mess.  Even though it seemed like a pretty self-serving request I didn't mind going a different route for the flower girls. 

I made two ribbon wands for the girls to shake as they walk down the aisle.  I thought it would making walking down the aisle a little more fun for them and it would be something cute for them to take home after the wedding.  Oh, and I guess it would make the chapel coordinator happy too.  Yes, I know, I'm a sassy pants. 

DIY:
I painted 6mm wooden dowels and wooden head beads with a 10mm opening that I bought from JoAnn Fabrics.  I cut long strands of ribbon and stacked them, then I put the middle of the ribbon stack on top of the end of the wood dowel and shoved the head bead over the whole thing.  The extra thickness of the ribbon filled the 4mm of empty space and kept the head bead on snug.  Super easy and simple.  Now I just need to keep the girls from stabbing people with them (they're sassy girls too). 

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Such a great idea to replace flowers. I'm loving all your wedding DIY's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice blog:) I invite you to my blog
    +Follow?? :*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover