Thursday, February 18, 2010

a housewarming gift


my friends, the peshke family, are moving in to their first new home very soon. i was thinking of a special housewarming gift for them. it's hard to buy housewares sometimes because it becomes a question of what color, do they have it already, and will they like it? too stressful.

i thought i'd make a scrapbook layout using their family portrait (which i just happen to have) and put the page in a white shadow box for a personalized and handmade gift. i think it came out pretty well. i used products from work, of course. all the embellishments are from our new nest family embellishments collection.

i really like this enclosure piece. it's a mini foiled envelope with a little card inside that comes out! too cute...we do a good job here at mambi (me and my big ideas). i'm going to give it to them tonight...hope they like it!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you had so many blogs from last year! I don't know how I missed all of them.. oh wait, I know how. I subscribe to this one blog called "Cupcakes take the Cake" and they seriously have like 4 entries per day. I'm sure your entries got lost in all those updates.

    Yeah! Let's check out that cheese place! They have special salts too.. I wonder if they do grilled cheese...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover