Friday, May 3, 2013

singing in the rain umbrella


This week has been overcast and drizzly which reminds me of the movie, "Singin' in the Rain." I love Gene Kelly. In honor of the movie and because the weather inspired it I thought I'd transform a plain red umbrella into something more personalized and unique. 

First thing I had to do was remove the branding on the umbrella. Luckily there wasn't too much to remove and it all peeled nicely off the nylon. 


Next, I wrote a short portion from the "Singin' in the Rain" song lyrics and repeated it around the bottom portion of the umbrella using black permanent marker.


Last, I drew raindrops on the top portion of the umbrella using metallic silver permanent marker. That was it!


1 comment:

  1. that is SO adorable and i also LOVE singing in the rain! great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover