Tuesday, May 29, 2012

book review : the cookie dough lover's cookbook, part 2


So after a successful eggless cookie dough recipe I thought I'd try my hand at one of the other recipes. I wanted to try something with minimal baking (it's been SO hot here in IL lately) and with ingredients that I already had on hand. Soft Sugar Cookies with Cookie Dough Frosting seemed like the right choice. I am not a huge sweets person however I have a soft spot for those soft sugar cookies with the bright frosting with sprinkles at the market. I don't know what it is! The recipe was easy to make and easy to follow, which is always a plus. And the finished product tasted just like the store-bought version except with the cookie dough twist. 

A detail that I really like about Landis' cookie dough recipes is that she uses miniature chocolate chips. They can be found next to the normal sized chocolate chips but they are SO much cuter and I will say MUCH easier to stir into the dough. They also give a better dough : chocolate ratio, in my opinion. They're so cute ...  but I digress ...

One thing I will say about this recipe is that it makes A LOT of frosting. But this is coming from a pretty non-sweets person who usually scrapes off the frosting from cakes. If you are also such a person I would suggest cutting the frosting recipe in half because I have a container full for leftover frosting in my fridge. :/  I am going to sneak in a container full of them to share with friends as we watch Marvel's The Avengers tonight for the second time, what a great movie!!!  LOVE Joss Whedon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover