Wednesday, June 13, 2012

unsolicited wedding advice wednesdays : professional bobby pins


Before my friend Linda offered to do my hair and makeup for my wedding I was fully prepared to do my own in order save some money. She is an awesome stylist and if you're in the Irvine, CA area I fully recommend her. Even though I live in IL now I only let Linda cut my hair so I always pencil her in when I'm home visiting CA.

Cut to Linda and me doing a pre-wedding consultation last year and she had to do some twists and braids with my mid-length hair. She used some bobby pins that were freakishly strong. Come to find out that they were professional grade bobby pins that kick those Goody bobby pins you buy at Target in the face! They are actually crazy strong and don't warp after one use. I had always thought that bobby pins just did that - warp and lose their hold like it was their fatal flaw. No sir, not with the professional grade bobby pins. I saved all the pins after the wedding and have used them for a full year and they're still going strong.

If you need to do your own hair and are in need of some pins I suggest going the extra mile and buying the pro stuff. There are several brands out there but here's one that is on Amazon - Marianna Supreme Bobby Pins, 1lb box for $8.99. Better yet, visit your local professional beauty supply store and test them out in person before you buy. They seem to usually come in a box versus on a piece of cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover