Monday, April 16, 2012

juice cleanse, the chicago diner interlude


Yeah, we're still doing the juice cleanse thing and while these pictures may look like we've falled off the band wagon all of these dishes were vegan! Can you believe it?! (I apologize for the quality of these pictures.)

This weekend we went to The Chicago Diner in Halsted, IL for dinner and were really impressed by their food. I don't know about you but when I think about eating vegan it's not a pretty picture. I mean, in CA I love going to Veggie Grill but that's not vegan. We started our meal with BBQ "wings" (pictured below) which were dang good but the real star was the vegan ranch.  Augh, I could've bought a whole bottle of that stuff. Gold, baby! For dinner, Mark had the Titanic BLT burger (picture above) and I had Chicken Fried "Steak." Both were really good and really tasted close to the real thing. I mean, sure my "steak" was a big rectangle but I really didn't care because I was eating something vegan that tasted like beef!

The most amazing part of the meal was dessert ... vegan strawberry milkshake. OMG! It was SOO good. We could hardly believe it. It was better than some full dairy shakes we've had before. I don't know how they do it but it is magic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover