Thursday, July 7, 2011

how was your 4th?


July 4th we celebrate freedom and the freedom to eat.  BBQs galore, am I right?  I went to two BBQs this year.  One was at a church friend's house and the other was at my house...I didn't plan either of them, I just showed up and ate.  LOL.

Lunch was at the friend's house and we had deep fried turkey with bok choy and fried rice (it was a Chinese household, can you tell?).  It was DEEE-licious.  I think once you've had deep fried turkey you can't have it any other way.  So moist, juicy, flavorful, and QUICK!  Dinner was at my house and we had homemade burgers and beer-soaked brats.  Again, DEEE-licious.

The only thing I contributed to both meals were jalapeño poppers.  These halved jalapeños are stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, skewered with a toothpick and then thrown into a 375 degree oven for 25-55 min (25 min if you want them to still have a snap and retain most of their spicy heat, 55 min if you want them to be more mild in spice).  Anything wrapped in bacon is a winner in my book so these puppies were gold.  Oi, it's a good thing 4th of July only comes once a year....otherwise I'd become a glutton.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover