Friday, July 1, 2011

stovetop roast chicken with lemon-herb sauce


Seriously, I think ATK should pay me for these posts.

So we're about a month into our new marriage and I've begun to realize how difficult it is to cook everyday.  Don't get me wrong.  I love to cook, I really do, but when you've lived at home for your whole life and cooking to you meant prepping a single meal for 6 people it's hard adjusting to the pace of cooking for two everyday (and I guess microwave burritos can become a tiresome filler meal).  I sought the advice of others who have gone before me in this gauntlet called "the first year of marriage" and I was told was I was afraid of hearing....you have to plan.

Augh, really?  It's weird too because I'm such a planner, I love lists, I love the Stickies application on my Mac, I even use Google Docs!  But for some reason planning meals was just not "fun" to me.  I guess I had this picture of myself with a stocked fridge and thinking to myself, "Hmm, what shall I throw together today?" *Cut to me whipping up some master piece meal on the fly in 30 minutes or less*  But I'm no culinary student and I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday let alone a recipe for roasted chicken.  Sigh.  So I must plan.

Basically my game plan right now is to cook in larger servings than 2 and either 1. Pack leftovers for Mark's lunch or 2. Freeze freeze freeze.  My game plan for the daily menu is pretty haphazard...a little beef here, a little chicken there, etc.  I think this will be the tricky part.  I'd love to be able to plan each day so that leftovers could be incorporated to the next day's completely different menu but I'm not that creative with food.  I guess I'll just have to learn by trial and error.

Last night's dinner and subsequent lunch was ATK's recipe for Stovetop Roast Chicken with Lemon-Herb Sauce.  A really crispy skin on a chicken that was roasted in a skillet instead of in the oven with a tangy and flavorful sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover