Friday, February 24, 2012

orchid show







Orchids have a special place in our hearts for both Mark and me.  Both of our parents are avid growers and collectors of orchids ever since we can remember. Today we went to visit the Hausermann Orchid Show in Villa Park, IL. The show is going on this weekend and next weekend. Seriously, it's amazing how many different varieties of orchids they have and the sheer quantity of them too. It was little overwhelming. I particularly like the spotted orchids that looked like ink had bled on their pure white petals. Mark rented a macro lens for the occasion from Calumet and we experimented using it for the first time at the show. After we came home I realized that some of the shots came out blurry but I was able to get a couple shots that I was happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover