Sunday, January 8, 2012

soap box


Ok, I'm going to get on my soap box for just a minute and then I'll be done.

What is the deal with people littering?  Mark and I were at a Stop sign leaving a parking lot and the young girl driving a Hyundai (you know who you are!!) opened the car door and dropped an empty plastic bottle of Dr. Pepper on the ground.  Who does that these days?!  What's even more frustrating are smokers who litter cigarette butts out the window as they drive.  If you are a responsible adult enough to make the decision to smoke then you should be a responsible adult and dispose of your cigarette properly.  Drains might not lead to the ocean here in IL but if you've ever done a beach clean up you'll begin to notice the endless number of cigarettes on beaches and in the ocean.

Sigh, that's it.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that ...I've been known to yell at them or honk like a crazy person! You wouldn't do that in your own home so why in our streets. HORRIBLE!!! I'm with you on that soap box!!! Cigarettes too! I mean really ... find an ash tray ... not your window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I was going to get out of the car but Mark stopped me. My intension was to take the bottle and tap on her window but I think next time I'll just get out and pick up the trash to throw it away. Yeah, I always want to honk at people who flick their cigarette butt out the window. Pet peeve, man.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover