Tuesday, June 7, 2011

key lime pie

Key Lime is Mark's favorite pie and I myself had never made one before.  The only thing remotely close was lemon bars...the consistency seems similar to me...curd texture made from citrus, right?  The lemon bars I had made from scratch 3 years ago had been a little more involved than I had thought so I never really gave Key Lime pie a second thought even though it's Mark's fav.  But after a couple of days of Mark being desperate for Key Lime pie and looking over a recipe for Sorta Key Lime Pie (uses regular limes versus real key limes) on Pioneer Woman I was feeling much more confident.  

UNFORTUNATELY, I was not able to take a picture of the final product....because we ate it all and taking a picture of my pie was the furthest thing from my mind as I was shoveling it in my mouth.  Seriously.  The pie was honestly SO easy to make and it really was pretty darn good too.  So said Mark with a mouthful saying, "You're going to make me fat if you keep cooking like this."  

Make it...today.  Now.  ESPECIALLY with freshly whipped cream.....gush.  

Speaking of freshly whipped cream....check out my new baby....isn't she beautiful?!  It's been my dream to own one of these puppies for years and I finally got one.  Hee hee, she's so purdy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover