Monday, August 8, 2011

homemade pizza


Oh man I do love pizza.  I love a good sandwich, pizza, burger, fries, hmm maybe I just love FOOD.  :P  Well, I've been wanting to make homemade pizza for a while.  I never really had the chance to before until now.  I used a recipe for pizza dough from annies-eats.com, here.  She has great tips for making pizza dough as well.  

When it comes to pizza it's all about the dough.  The dough has to be right and for my first try I'd have to give myself a 7 out of 10.  Satisfactory but not there yet.  But that's ok because that just gives me another reason to keep making pizza!

The dough was a variable that I had only limited control over but the toppings were completely controllable.  I had some scallions, onions, tomatoes, cremini mushrooms, minced garlic, bacon (not pictured) and of course sauce and cheese.  In addition to all these toppings I added two eggs.  This was inspired by the best pizza I ever had which was from Mario Batali's restaurant Pizzeria Mozza in Los Angeles, CA.  It was their pizza with egg, bacon, yukon gold potato and bermuda onions.  DELICIOUS!  Augh, the runny yolk was just perfect.  




I might have added too many toppings hahaha but you gotta love that runny yolk!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, the Mozza pizza w/the egg is the best. And your pizza looks pro! Now I want pizza for lunch...

    P.S. Love the new logo/blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I dream about that pizza and anything with speck! aughhhh, so good. Thanks for the pizza props! :P

    I'm trying to rotate the header with something new like every two weeks. :D We'll see how long that lasts... haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover